Lectors bring life to the written Word of God. Those who proclaim God's word in the liturgy are known as Ministers of the Word or Lectors. Answering the call to become a lector enters one into a deeper relationship with God as He is revealed in sacred scripture. Lectors commit to ongoing faith formation and training activities that prepare them for the calling to the ministry.
To be lector is a commitment of service.
Basic Requirements & Responsiblities:
Click Here for the detailed Guidelines for Service in the Lector Ministry
- Confirmed Catholic and registered member of the parish
- Feel called by the Holy Spirit to proclaim God's Word
- Prepare and proclaim God's Word for assigned liturgies
- Attend monthly lector formation/training at least 3 per year
- Attend Safe Environment Class annually